Edward J. McKeown
The hierarchy of the Diocese of Nashville knowingly and criminally kept the abuse of Edward McKeown a secret. They never reported him to the police; they simply reassigned him to new places where he had a new group of boys to abuse. The bishop is to blame. His fellow priests who knew and did nothing are to blame as well.
Here are some of the articles from Tennessee newspapers about Edward McKeown.
- Article about Edward McKeown and fellow molester, Frank Richards: (Behind the bar and behind bars) in the Palm Beach Post
- 06/27/1999 Diocese remained silent as reports of molestation grew
- 03/16/2002 Dioceses reacting to priests' sex crimes
- 04/28/2002 Victims' families want end to reassignments, say attention is relief
- 05/19/2002 Priest McKeown was not kept from Nashville children as bishop said
- 07/23/2002 Church could have done more to stop abuse, victim says
- 07/23/2002 Priests bound to obey church law if crimes confessed
- 07/24/2002 Area Catholics weigh options to fight abuse
Timeline from the Nashville Tennessean that tells a story of corruption and deceit on the part of the Catholic Church in Tennessee.